Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Preparing A Letter of Withdrawal from School

I can recall that day, 3 years ago, when we rushed to enroll AN in Shekinah Montessori when they shifted to the unit below my parents' place.

I remember the tonnes of papers we had to fill up.

I remember how she watched the kids play with that longing in her eyes to join them.

I remember how she couldn't wait to leave for school on the first day. How I cried when she left for those few hours because I missed her scent. How she always came back happy and singing songs she learnt.

I remember the first time she cried after a month or so of attending school because school wasn't like Gymboree. It wasn't long before she stopped resisting school because she enjoyed her time there after all.

She learnt so much that I had to research online to catch up with her.

She was a baby when we left her there.

In the blink of an eye, she's a reasoning child, who attempts to analyze things like someone older and speaks like she knows a lot about life, the world and people.

This time, I'm preparing a withdrawal letter to take her out from school.

It's emotional (I'm emotional) because I see flashbacks of the past 3 years as I type.

We decided to take her out a month earlier (by end of November) so that I can spend more time with her before her formal education starts. By then it'll likely be all academic and life won't be much the same.

We have a Hongkong trip coming up in the second week of December. I told her some of my plans: to bring her for baking classes, get lots of books from the library, sign her up for a month of art and craft classes and go out a lot. 

I'll see what else we can do together.

ER heard me and got excited. I had to gently inform him that he'll still be going to school and he'll get to do such fun activities in school.  Lol. You should have seen that pout when he heard he's not involved in our December fun.

AN is excited about December but she got sad when she realizes that will be the end of her time with friends she has loved for the past 3 years.

I'm sad too because the kids grew up together.

Told her that she'll make friends in Primary school and those friends will be with her for 6 years. Longer than she knew her friends from Shekinah.

It's going to be farewell for her soon. I'll miss bringing her to Shekinah.

I'll miss this part of her childhood.

Dealing with farewell is as tough as dealing with separation anxiety when we first started.

Sigh........

P.s: I have to note this down so that we don't forget these who were with her till the 'end'.

Faye, Mr Jolicia (wierd that these 2 girls address each other as "Mr"), Charmaine, Gwenda, Grace, Vovo, Cairns, Jesslyn, Xavier (she says she likes him and calls him on her non-working cell phone randomly to chat), Favian, Josiah

No comments:

Post a Comment