Thursday, November 21, 2013

Housekeeping

I really enjoy Housekeeping.

Since MIL left, I've re-organized the kids' toys.

It's been a year long and I hate that the kids toys were all over the place and dusty. But I couldn't care to pack up. Just couldn't.

I prefer things to be categorized. Now all the cars are in a box. Legos pieces are reunited.  Happy meal toys are together.  As are the train set, puzzles, princessy stuff, musical instruments and such.

The toy organizer had been dusty. I really mean dusty. You reach for a toy and get mesmerized by floating dusty bunnies that start disintegrating in the air. There are clumps of hair and dust at corners and in the wardrobe.

MIL does clean her room. She sweeps almost daily. But after having lived with BM, my eyes are trained to spot flying, dust-sized specks. Sweeping means the dust travel up and rest elsewhere. She doesn't care when I said I'll vacuum. Since she doesn't take me for real, I would keep my distance.

And no I did not vacuum her room because I don't fancy being blamed for things she misplaced.

I spent a long time washing the toy containers and dusty every corner the day she left.

I've also packed up stray cables and tied them up. Not fantastic but neater than before.

I cook now and have mopped the floor. Including the yard which had been so sticky I could not plant my feet down when I have to enter that area to do laundry. Both the kitchen and yard are now 'walkable'. I don't have to tip toe now. I wondered if she mopped the yard. I didn't. Waste my energy.

All these that I did for the past week, I did it with joy.

I really enjoy it now that I'm starting to know where things are kept now. At least now i know because I have the freedom to choose where to keep what.

This is joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment