Monday, November 25, 2013

Mummy you look happier

I was reading property news. AN saw and asked me what I actually do now. I explained to her and she smiled while commenting : "Mummy you really love property?"
 
I said it's fun but I still love makeup more.
 
She then told me what she thought: "I think you really like to do property because you look happier now."
 
She noticed that?  Because I still blow up at them when they throw tantrums. I still punish them when they misbehave. I'm still as fierce as always.
 
She said that I'm happier although I still get angry at them when they are naughty.
 
Really? How so?
 
"Mummy, you smile more now. And when I see that you are happy, I'm also happy. I think you really like what you are doing now and I'm really happy for you."
 
She sounds so matured.
 
I do enjoy working now. I also do enjoy cleaning up again. Everyday had been fruitful! I had cleaned up different areas, a little a day. Set aside time to read and prepare project details when they are not around, after a couple hours of cleaning up.
 
When they come back, I need to cook. So unless they are really tired and can nap within minutes, I allow them to spend time playing while I prepare dinner. After that I clean up the kitchen.
 
I'm no longer irked that the kitchen is constantly sticky and the whole area around the sink, WET and tonnes of unknown particles stuck to cabinet doors and table tops. No longer turning oily taps to get water and wondering if the water that exits the tap is good for drinking.
 
I had, before she left, touched and felt detergent at the water outlet. Meaning the water that came out, came out together with detergent. We fill the electric kettle with that water and drink it???????
 
AN thinks I'm happier because I enjoy "working" which is not totally wrong. I'm also happier now because I have duties that I can carry out without interferences.
 
I think the "breakup" is showing its benefits.
 
She refuses to reply my invitation for weekend stay over. She defiantly refused when Mr Liow suggested she stay with us when her places gets a new coat of paint. She said she moved out and that meant she will never come back to our place. She told AN that she's going back to her own home and she doesn't like our home. That she only likes her own home. So childish.
 
Whatever.
 
It always has to be a breakup, right?
 
Her with her daughter. And her with us now.
 
She can live angry for all I care. I did my part by thanking her for cooking for us and extending my invitation. I can't do anything if she wants to throw tantrums.
 
End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment