Monday, March 11, 2013

Heartstrings

Written some days back....can't rmb when:

I have been awake since 5am and couldn't wait to get out of the house. I seriously hate being anywhere near her. She enjoys making comments that cuts me a certain way, every time.

Yesterday, in a short minute, here's my encounter:

Scenario 1
There was NO water in the flask again. It was Sunday and I specifically ensured the big flask was full before sleep. By morning, not even enough water to prepare their milk.

I asked if she poured the water away.

She said she did because she found a bug inside. Inside the covered flask?

Then guess what? The electric kettle's lid was opened. She boiled more water which was still hot. The lid was opened to allow cooling. And to allow bugs to fall in.

I hate that I find it dumb to still keep lids open when one previously found a bug in the water.

She has the habit of boiling water only when she realises there's NONE left. Water doesn't immediately cool. Why had it never occurred to her that she needs to boil the next batch BEFORE water runs out? Instead of leaving lids opened.

I think I knew where that bug came from.

Scenerio 2:
Washed cups were near the sink. I don't know who put them there to dry and I wasn't pursuing that.Drying rack was empty. That would have been a more hygienic place to dry cleaned utensils.

So....

Frozen fish was right beside those washed cups. She left the fish there to thaw.

All I suggested was not to place raw meat with washed utensils, unless we wash them again with soap before use.

Her reply: "I didn't leave those cups there."

As if that disclaimer ensures none of us will face the risk of cross contamination.

Scenerio 3
To AN, she suggested: "Go have some haw (xian zha, some chinese snacks"

AN was coughing terribly, non stop. Day and night. Even Mr Liow prefers that she watches what she eats for the time being.

I said no to AN right before the grandma. AN didn't fight my interception. She was coughing so badly she didn't even feel like eating chocolates...

She, the grandma, then corrected me: "Haws don't cause coughs."

See that? A further step into dominating my territory.

But I'm thankful Mr Liow firmly insisted on the "No" when I walked away, fuming internally.

Scenerio 4
We have already informed her when I'll be out for lessons, when my mum will care for the kids and when else ER will stay home with her.

She was the one who said she won't be home every Thursday. So we decided we'll leave ER with my mum on that day, and Friday.

But she went ahead to get grocery for both Thursday and Friday.

What she does takes no issue with me.

What bothered me was, she cooked on Sunday. Without informing us, or asking if we had plans.

She simply told me when I went into the kitchen before AN's lessons: "You guys went to your mum's place on Friday for dinner SUDDENLY. If I don't cook today, all the food will spoil. Come back for lunch. Dine out tonight if you want."

Just these instructions.

Dinner on Friday at my mum's pace was sudden?? And once again, acting without consulting. AN had enough of eating rice whenever she cooked. She was actually craving for noodles.

When I told her AN asked for noodles, she brushed me off with: "I already cook. Tell her noodles only tonight."

I so hate home now.

What can I do after course ends?

No comments:

Post a Comment