Sunday, March 24, 2013

Setting Trap

She gave the kids food. The prata was served in only 1 bowl, for both kids, and left on the table before she went off to make calls.

She should be aware by now AFTER LIVING WITH US FOR 4 MONTHS, that AN doesn't like to share food passed around from mouth to mouth. She doesn't like tasting saliva of other's. Guess most people don't, too.

In fact, that same grandma of hers wont even eat food off a hardly touched bowl of food the kids won't eat. Same.

Today: 2 kids, 1 bowl. No supervision.

ER took a bite of the prata, AN screamed in disgust. I cut the prata into 2 and gave them separate bowls but AN was still bothered by something (which I just clarified with AN that she continued fussing because she could still see ER's teethmarks on her portion.)

But Mr Liow and I reacted in anger.

She got smacked by both of us.

The grandma went hiding in the room because she couldn't hear the other party on the phone.

I was fuming. Angry that we smacked AN for something that we all knew wasn't her fault.

It was a trap her grandma set! How I hate her....

I stomped away, knowing that my anger wouldn't leave if I stayed around. I was angry that AN wasn't smart enough to not fall into grandma's evily ignorant trap.

Then I heard the grandma scolding AN after she was done with her call. AN, whom Mr Liow was already insisting she eats what was in her bowl despite having no appetite for the 'disgusting' prata by then.

I stomped back in, washed AN up and brought her into the room to nap. My heart softened by then. I saw how unfair it all had been to AN.

The sickening grandma wouldn't share food because she finds saliva disgusting too. BUT HERE SHE IS, JUDGING MY DAUGHTER for the same thing, labelling yet "naughty"?!

AN got into trouble with us, all thanks to her. And she has the cheek to rub it in!

Even baileys and maen have their own bowls.

Yet she feeds my kids like she was feeding pigs or chickens?

Even if AN didn't have problems with saliva, having kids these ages share food from a bowl is cooking up a fight!

If she can be there to referee and guide them to share, great. But she went off, barging in during the fight only to condemn my daughter.

I really hate her presence. She's just turning our lives, our parenting style, our relationship with each other UPSIDE DOWN!

Really. I want to earn a lot of money. With money comes power and freedom to flee. I just want to get out. I'll take my kids with me.

I hate every second breathing from the same airspace as her...

No comments:

Post a Comment