Thursday, June 13, 2013

Growing Up

Took the little boy out for a long walk this morning before a bubble bath after we return. He spent half hour using the funnels to create volcanoes with the bubbles. He watches AN do these when they gets bubble baths together and only gets to hands on when she's not around. Bossy jie jie likes to show him but hardly allows him to explore.

While he soaks in the tub, I took my own shower. I prepared him mentally before I showered that he would have to end the bubble bath session once I'm done showering. He agreed.

True enough, he kept his promise. I was applying moisturizer on myself when he announced "mummy!  Ethan's done! "

He poured the bath water over his head and told me he's washing himself.  I had to wash him with water from the tap coz the water in the tub was soapy. He bravely swept water from his face. 

My baby is growing up. Months ago, he hated water running down his face.

He then let the bath water go before I did.  And he put all the toys back into the container without me having to say a word about it.

I'm impressed.  :)

On most other occasions, he would stop the water from draining because he couldn't bear to end the bath.

Recently I see more independence and initiative.

Children are really adorable. How nice if I don't have the responsibility as a mum.  Then I can fully spoil them while I enjoy their child likeness to the max. Heck the tantrums and bad behaviors.

I'm going to spoil my future nieces/nephews.  Lol!

Kidding.

I'll spoil them up to the limit set by their parents. I know what it's like to have our parental authority overridden.

They grow up too fast.

ER is no longer a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment