Thursday, June 13, 2013

War

I had been complaining to Mr Liow many issues with her, mainly HYGIENE.

When she came, she said that I should let her know if ever conflict arise because there's bound to be disagreement living together. 

I did. 

From dropping clothes onto the bottom of the drying ledge, to finding mouldy dried food stufff, to separating raw and cooked food. To a point I hate to even tell her anything.  Because her answer is mostly either "I didn't do that. I don't know." or "I've done this for decades and nothing bad happened."

Today, the vegetable compartment in the fridge started leaking black liquid out onto the ledge inside out fridge. 

What was it? From rotten vegetables? Or spilled juice? Mr Liow spoke to her on my behalf.  She said it's no big deal, she would wash it. She found rotten vegetables but said she didn't buy that. 

Great. Not her fault again. Who else besides her, buys vegetables these days?

We could sense she was offended. She pressed him on why he went to check the compartment all of a sudden because it had nothing to do with him. He said he went to get a drink and saw the liquid dripping out.  That was when I saw during the day too.

She probed further but when she realized Mr Liow wasn't going to say I was the one who found the disgusting liquid dripping out, she replied "不用经。我知道了。"

I'm sensitive maybe.  I hear that as she knew I told him to speak to her.

Then an hour ago, I spoke to her about the unwashed pan. She didn't wash it again today.  After I spent a long time yesterday washing away OLD OIL COOKED OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

She got defensive and said she's didn't wash because I may not want her to wash it.

Wtf?

All along, I'm a kiasi mum.  I emphasized hygiene repeatedly.  She said she didn't want to wash the pan and then have me tell her that it shouldn't have been washed.

She then brought up the stuff we spoke to her about during this period and said she really doesn't know what I want.

I replied in defense that I would never have asked her not to wash.  It's hygiene for goodness sake!

She repeated that I asked her not to wash certain things.

Like what? Clothes? Floor? Those are not food!

For the 3rd and last time I repeated that hygiene is the key and used utensils and crockerys are to be washed except that I do not use rough and scratchy sponges on them, if that was what she meant.

She stood her grounds and insisted that she didn't want to spoil the pan by washing it and be blamed for it.

That's it. 

I said okay. The conversation is getting nowhere.

In case you wonder, I replied her calmly and she too didn't raise her voice.  It was the most well mannered confrontation I ever had.

Immediately after I left her room, she came out and told Mr Liow she was sorry for moving in with us and that she would move out in August once she gets her flat back. 

Win. I'm the bad guy now. She win already. This is the first time I confronted her. The other times I would inform her and back off right away.

So much for "let me know if you are uncomfortable with anything I say or do."

Go and show yourself as a victim for all I care.

I don't care anymore.  Good guys are stupid people. I have enough of being taken advantage of just because I never dared to fight back.

Go and complain to the whole world that you have a terrible daughter in law.
Really. I'm done being nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment