Friday, October 7, 2011

Bleeding

ER tripped over her leg that stuck out while she was watching TV (and supposedly watching over him at the same time). I watched helplessly as she moved that leg, shifted his arm and him going faced down onto the floor as a result. I thought he knocked his head, which was bad enough, maybe his nose too because he fell forward, then I noticed bloody saliva as he cried and drooled.

He was still bleeding after an hour. She suggested it was blood from his lips. I checked and saw blood on his gums too... She's really not very concerned, is she? But she did apologise for tripping him. I suppose that should take away some of his pain.

Now, both kids bled under her care. How coincidental that both of them, when they fall and bleed in their mouth for the first time, it was when she was supposed to watch over them. But both times, she was day dreaming.

She asks for time with them. As upset as I was previously when ER fell backwards coz she wasn't watching over him (she was literally IN the TV and not with us in the real world), I couldn't reject when she asked me to do my things and she would watch over the little one coz she missed him. She's grandma afterall...but why can't she concentrate when she says she will watch over him. The first was an accident. This time, she actually caused it.

How can any grandmother be so engrossed in a show when she's responsible for a baby?

How many times must the kids get hurt, and how bad? Must I really decide to tell her I don't trust her?

No comments:

Post a Comment