Monday, October 31, 2011

More Teeth on The Way

ER is well now, totally recovered from the near-pneumonia episode. Thank God we got him treated in time. Thank God for the internet where information is so easily available, and thank God for pointing me towards his breathlessness in time. If he wasn't treated early, he'd have to be admitted and suffer the blood tests and drips! Elijah was one example and Pam was surprised how quick pneumonia hits a young child!

But he's still waking up in the night, crying in discomfort. Once in a while each night, he starts screaming as if in pain.



Mr Liow suspected he's teething again and touched his gum. True enough, the moment he touched ER's lower gum where his left lateral incisor will be, the little one started screaming. Is it THAT painful? He didn't appear too bothered by the cutting through of his first 6 teeth except for slight crankiness. When the molars come, it's going to be worse!

Thank God too, that He prompted me to get the teething gel before we came back. AN never needed teething gel or displayed much of those signs when she was teething. The eruption of her molars made her cry but not as much as ER, if my memory didn't fail me. I didn't even know why I may need the gel. To me, if AN didn't need it, what are the odds that my 2nd child will?

But he does. The Lord knows better.

After dabbing the gel on ER, he calmed down. Thank God for the reminder to get it! And for bringing it out for us right before we needed it!

This part is amazing:

The teething gel was stashed somewhere and forgotten but last week while I was randomly going through a box that we haven't touched since a year ago, I caught sight of the teething gel! And this week, we NEED it.

While I'm lamenting over the lack of sleep for weeks (since AN fell sick even before ER did), the Lord reminded me that He's watching over us by pointing me to practical needs that He has already taken care of. He got me to buy teething even before ER was born and reminded me about it just before we needed it. Amazing?

ER's appetite dipped and he has lost lots of baby fats :(. That's not that most important. I'm worried he'll be undernourished.

Lord, please sustain him as he starts to eat better once he feels better. Thank you Father for protecting the kids. I make one lousy mum who's increasingly overwhelmed by getting no sleep but You who never sleep, never takes Your eyes off the kids. Thank you Lord for your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment