Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dear Little Girl


Another one about what a sweet sister AN is:

I carried her out to pee and while she was halfway through, ER started crying. She was still sleeping as she sat on the toilet, peeing. But when she heard ER's cries, she straightened up and staggered back dreamily to him while I flushed.

She rubbed his back (he was sitting upright by then) but was dozing off. She saw me coming and went back to lie down on her own bed, still running ER's back to comfort him while baby-talking her little brother: "ok, mummy's back. Don't cry ok? You have been a good boy today right?"

She is so sweet I can't believe it sometimes. Just to clarify, she's not perfect. She throws tantrums, gets upset with the annoying little boy, forgets her manners and gets into trouble too. I'm just really touched whenever her sisterly instinct emerges at the point when ER needs attention.

She still has the sensitive spirit I noticed in her when she was really little. Other characters are slowly dominating as she grows, but I'm thankful she's still sensitive. And loving. This is something I've yet to notice in ER. He's affectionate, but not exactly loving.

Thank you Lord for my little helper. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment