Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Ok


ER answers "ok" to my requests and that sounds adorable. He does it so very convincingly with a smile, that I believe he WILL do as he agrees with "ok".

Him: "Mummy water water!" (he wants to wash his toothbrush AND play with water at the same time).

10 minutes later...

Me: "Baby, one last time. After this, you put your toothbrush back, ok?"

Him with a big smile and without hesitation: "Ok!"

He washes it one more time, and starts asking :"Mummy, turn on. Wash!"

I have to repeat a few times (every time was supposed to be last.)

On most occasions, I have to drag the unwilling baby away.

Today, after brushing his teeth, he asked to "wash (tooth) brush" again as usual. And as usual, I asked that he washes it once, then return the brush to the holder.

He said "ok" with that cute smile.

To my surprise, after washing, he went on to reach out for the toothbrush holder. Everything my babies do for the first time never fail to excite me.

I was so proud of that I promised I'd tell daddy.

He's still learning and his "ok" doesn't always mean "I'll obey". Soon after, he found a cup and started playing with water again. No amount of "ok" or further bargaining broke him away from the tap.

Daddy had to carry him away while he struggled.

Nevermind. He got it once, he'll get it again. We'll practise. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment