Thursday, August 16, 2012

Learning Journey

AN went on an excursion to the zoo yesterday and came home with lots of updates about the weather and things she learnt.

First off, she did not have her water bottle with her throughout the trip. She either left it in school before she boarded the coach, or left it in the coach that brought the children to the zoo.

She said she tried not to feel thirsty because she had no water to drink. My heart ached when I heard that :( I can't blame the teachers that she forgot where she left her bottle, but it'd be nice if the teacher in charge would remind the children to drink and notice if any of them were not drinking.

She had apple juice with lunch though. Thank God.

She told me she had "fried tengkaki" for lunch. I took a while to wonder, before I saw the barely consumed box of "snackers" from KFC in her bag, that she meant "Kentucky". Lol! Kentucky Fried Chicken, not fried tengkaki. We have always called it KFC or "kiak kiak chicken" (kiak kiak coz of the crispy skin). "Kentucky" Fried Chicken is a new term.

So cute.

And then she learnt about the butterfly's life cycle. She told me about the "paya" inside the cocoon before it becomes a butterfly.

My brains started wondering, again, what a paya can be. Then it occurred to me she meant "pupa". She has soooooo naturally associated the pupa as "paya", that each time she talked about it, she did not stop to correct herself. The "pupa" has become a "paya" after a trip.

-____-"

Still adorable, but I'll have to work on that till she gets the proper term.

She taught me that butterflies are wet the moment they break out of the cocoons and have to walk-flapwings-repeat till they are dry before they can fly. I also learnt that female deers love fruits. And the fox owl with a face resembling a fox.

I like how she comes back Miss Knowledgeable after every excursion. She's my teacher :)

No comments:

Post a Comment