Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Test of Patience

Some days, things just cannot go right.

I've not mentioned that ER throws up a lot, have I? Every 3rd lunch on average. Or randomly when he cries, not because of punishment but because I'm out of sight.

I'm so sick of clearing puke. So frequently!

But it's ok. It's my job.

Today, same thing. He ate about 2 strands of noddles for lunch. Obviously, that's not enough.

So I gave him milk after that. Not much, for goodness sake. 100mls!

And he threw up. Milk, bits of noodles. Lots of milk. Must be all out, including breakfast.

I cleared the mess and had to mop. Guess what? The mop broke.

IT BROKE!

what a joke.

Thank goodness I had another mop but it's not as absorbent as my first. So there were puddles on the floor.

ER simply refused to sit. He kept coming to look for me (I was extremely upset by then and I guess he just wanted to come check on me. He even came to hug my legs...but I was fuming and didn't return his hug.

I love babies but am very sure I'm not pre-installed with enough patience for them when they turn into toddlers. Was the same with AN and these scenarios just opened up new cans of worms. They bring back those bad memories!

Am finally done (argh....heck. Some parts are randomly mopped and this spare mop is so dirty...my specklessly vacuumed floor this morning is now littered with dust, hair and black unknown dirt).

ER is acting cute to get my attention. I am not in the mood to play with him. And I can feel I look grumpy.

He just baby-talked me (reminded me of AN long ago) and smiled.

Sigh....

ER wins.

I'm still affected by the saga earlier (and every few days...) But I can't be upset with the little baby for long. He didn't even understood mummy was so angry with him earlier for not sitting still.

Baileys and Maen NEVER stepped around when I mopped the floor. If only they can become humans...

No comments:

Post a Comment