Friday, August 31, 2012

Sample Schedule


Much as I hate the daily struggles (with ER and food....), this is what I shall try:

8am: Wake ER and wash up

8.30am: Milk ( ..........a fearsome affair)

9am: Activities (paint, color, read, sing, playground, games)

10.30am: TV for him; housework for me and lunch preparation

11.30am: Nap

1pm: Lunch (Another fearsome event...4.5hrs in between should be fine, I hope. To try out and adjust timing accordingly).

2.30pm: Get out of the house

4pm: Prepare dinner while ER messes the kitchen

6pm: Dinner (Another round of training)

8pm: Milk *fingers crossed*

9pm: ER Sleep, I prepare for next day

I'll try this for a month I guess. It won't be simple changing his biological clock.

This is emotionally and mentally challenging. I broke down today. I have to remain sane when he wakes up later.

The obvious signs of terrible two is definitely not helping. My posts from now on will likely take on an even more negative tone.

Take it easy, Judy. If he's hungry, he will eat. If he starves, so be it. If he falls sick from starving, then start worrying.

Easier said than done... See how this is going to work out...

4 comments:

  1. Enya don't eat much too, and she don't like formula, so i feed frequent, and replace with yogurt. Here's my schedule, kaypo kaypo.
    10am wake up
    11am brown rice cereal 100ml, 1140am yogurt 60ml or a small banana
    1.30pm porridge. 230pm nurse and nap
    530pm dinner porridge. 7pm 60ml yogurt
    8.30pm, porridge
    10.15pm 120ml formula,
    1030pm, nurse and sleep.
    Yet to sleep through, depends on her teeth as she's teething now, sometimes suck through the night for comfort. But usually it's 1am, 4am, 7am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no! Not kpo at all! I can't,be more thankful for your suggestions and those of others who have gone through similar situations. Beats some brainless comments some elders with 'experience' make that do nothing to help...

    I'm trying to feed frequent now. Or rather, just offer and be contented with whatever little he'll be having. Your schedule was similar to his when younger. As he grew, his appetite allowed larger intake so meals got bigger and less frequent.

    I'll go back to the similar timings again. I hope he'll love yogurt and cheese again. He used to, so I didn't worry too much about,milk. Now (before the frequent throwing up) he's taking milk but not much of real food.

    We've survived through half day so far. No puke, but v little,milk. I'm thankful that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Probiotics will help. Massage with oil on tummy helps too. Cuz it may be wind that causes him to puke more.
    Enya used to puke all her pediasure (gave 1x morning and 1x before sleep).. And I suspected it's pediasure the culprit too. Our babies just not used to the cow milk and high sugar in it. So I massage her 3x daily during those days...now only after shower.
    I wiki and realised we are not alone. Many actually vomit on pediasure. Go slow.
    Now I only gve her pediasure 120mls once at night before sleep so she doesn't need to nurse too much middle of the night but dun seems to help. I gve pediasure cuz she diarrhea with friso, didnt like NAN...infact she dun like all formula but tolerate pediasure if it's not too much,
    If he is ok with his younger time schedule, maybe u want to go back to it. Got eat can Liao. Lol
    Breastfeeding thing ah....even my neighbour kaypo, says I shud wean her blar blar blar, and claimed breastfed bbs are more inferior compared to her formula fed babies..say bf bb too dependent on mum, clingy and such, that only makes me want to prolong feed Enya. Look at her health, there's nothing to regret only fed up when my back aching like mad on those teething nights when she wanted to nurse all the time. Don't listen too much. These ppl are ard to make us LOL at them. My neighbour 2children got bad case of eczema and she still can tell me her formula fed babies are better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder why these people enjoy snubbing others. To each their own, but there has to be some who love to make letters feel lesser.

    Lol! That same neighbour who likes to terrorise milo and mei?

    ReplyDelete