Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Broken Mum


She walked out to tell me her daughter chased her out and told her to change her address. Sil said she had tolerated the mum's nonsense for 38 years.

MIL sobbed.

No matter how disagreeable I am with her (MIL) behaviour, I could feel her brokeness.

That's something one should never say to their mum. It feels like death, with flashes of the past when the daughter was little and everything was perfect (almost).

I imagine AN or ER telling me that. My heart will probably stop beating.

Moral of the story:

Love my kids unconditionally. Maybe one day I'll be alone. But I live my remaining days with fond memories of loving them and having them love me back?

Leave them with more good memories than bad. I want them to remember me as loving.

A strict mummy can still be loving ok?

I better review AN's love language (she's been happy lately, so I guess her tank is relatively well filled. )

Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment