Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Not Unwelcome


The few things that bothered me was what values she's showing the kids (the nieces and our kids) through her behaviour.

"Do not teach me. SHOW me." That's something I hold on to in bringing up our kids.

Yesterday, she threatened to jump down from my SIL place. AN innocently asked me: "Mummy, nai nai say she wants to jump down. Jump down won't die?"

D@@@ it! WILL DIE! I told AN that her grandma is talking rubbish and that she (AN) MUST remember that she must never try that.

What d@@@ idea is she instilling in the heads of the 3 girls who understand what she's saying? Each has their own interpretation at their individual stage! The eldest is growing up and handing stress. Jump and die because things don't go her way? Even grandma considered that as an option!

Those constant moments of MIL relentlessly talking about money. Money. MONEY.

She links EVERY action to money. Even when a malaysian cousin got pregnant with twins, she gossiped that it's because they are too rich.

Who goes make herself pregnant, go through all the pain and takes on the permanent duty of bringing up their offspring, just because she is too rich?

That's brainless, not rich.



Why not because they love kids?? At least I prefer that AN consider kids in future because she is ready, NOT BECAUSE SHE HAS TOO MUCH MONEY!

Money makes HER world go round. And I hate how she never stops punctuating her sentences with "must have money", "only if you have the money".

Besides money, it's looking good. She criticises people who dress down. Nevermind the criticising. She emphasises that we MUST all dress well because others will look down on us if we do not. She repeats that to my kids.

No! No one looks down on them over shallow reasons like that, except shallow people like herself! Which is why I hate it when AN looks at people sometimes and innocently go "why that person wear that? Not nice at all.." And I have to remind her that we do not judge a person by their riches or what they wear.

Like that I told Mr Liow. Values start young. They become slaves to whatever you teach them from young. I don't want my kids to be money loving or material loving! I'm building foundation for them to be able to tell right from wrong later in life but here she comes weekly, to hammer holes in their foundation.

Now it's going to be daily.

So does it mean that because nai nai is not a millionaire, we shouldn't let her stay with us? That's what she's teaching isn't it?

I'm glad Mr Liow understood my worries but like I assured him, his mum can stay for as long as she wants. I understand she has nowhere else to go to because her home is rented out. Even if she just wants to stay with us regardless, I welcome her. I just need time to adjust.

Frankly, it would be better if she came over to stay not because she got chased out or ran away.

I told AN she came to stay because she also wants to be with them. Not interested to teach AN to run away from home with this bad example staring us in the face.

Yes, I lied.

But what is worse?

I'm going to my parents place this afternoon. I don't want to end up doing or saying something that displeased her. Not interested to lie on the chopping board and wait for things to happen.

And my kids need not go have to wonder what's happening.

I just want to protect my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment