Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Most Patient Mum

We went on several trips with the Ngs in 2010. KJ was reaching two then, and at that age where most mums experience the legendary Terrible Two.

Back then, whenever I saw Mummy S so patiently guide KJ along, I would be awed, and shamed that I'm not even a quarter as patient. I saw flashbacks of AN's 'terrible' days and I shuddered.

No matter how KJ acted up, she would always be gentle and comforting. I had never even seen her frown. It's like she is blessed with NO temper and super patience!

2 and half years later, the daddy met up yesterday for a run.

I asked about them and reminisced about our trips. I recalled Mummy S' superhuman patience.

Mr Liow whispered in wonderment: "No...she's changed!"

Hmm...so the guys do gossip....I mean, talk..the guys do talk about their wives.

WG said she's constantly upset with KJ now. She would always stomp into the house if she was the one fetching KJ from school.

WG said KJ is a handful (which most kids are).

That behaviour is all familiar to me. I enjoy my fair share of being blown up by my off springs.

But I can't imagine Mummy S blowing up.

Thank you dear, for sharing.

This made me feel like I'm normal. I still can't picture Mummy S looking angry. I'm just glad I'm not the only challenged mummy around.

Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment