Thursday, November 1, 2012

Decoding Baby Talk


ER had been saying "I b you" for weeks now. Each time he does, he runs after AN with a 'weapon' (anything from lego to pillow). AN runs away screaming for help and I'll have to remind him that beating is wrong!

*sweats*

Then I noticed when he does that with his toys, he merely points the 'weapon' at the non-moving victims and warns: "I b you!"

He had only been mimicking sounds of a gunshot (& obviously not doing it well..). He was not threatening "I beat you".

*phew*

I told AN that yesterday and she stopped running away from him and realized for herself that he hadn't been running after her to beat her afterall. She's less afraid of him when he goes "I b you" now.

Just a while ago, he pointed at a sponge they used for painting and went: "My I b you!"

Ah.....is "I b you" what he calls a gun? I've never taught him about guns. It's now time to teach him "I b you" is called a gun.

And I had been worried that he had been so mean lately.

*heaves sighs of relief*

No comments:

Post a Comment