Saturday, December 29, 2012

Neatly Packed

I'm a neat, clean and safety freak when it comes to kids' stuff. They rely on me to know where to find what, for safety and cleanliness. (As long as ER's airways don't get clogged, I can live with any amount of dirt!)

But I'm a super absent-minded mum. Thus arranging stuff in their room takes not just meticulous planning, but constant self-reminder where I keep what. There are invisible post-its at every corner of the room that only my eyes can spy.

Being the monkey that ER is, I have to ensure furniture arrangements do not compromise his safety (or AN's, should she be dangerously near him when he's about to manifest a disaster). I need to foresee how he'll use the bookcase to climb up the ledge to get to the windows and in the process, either gets crushed by the toppling bookcase, or fall 5 storeys from that window. Sounds ridiculous, but trust me, he did try to get to that window the moment he sees an opportunity (the bookcase). I'm not taking chances.

So I took unimaginably longer than a non-mum can understand why.

Mr Liow has been sweet.

I couldn't care less about my own clothes. But he packed them all, neatly folded and categorised, onto the shelves for me.

That was something I never achieved since we moved back into Fernvale after returning from Tucson. I dumped my clothes into my cupboard and from that day on, I had to dig into a pile of mess to look for what I needed to wear.

Thanks dear, for helping me pack.

The boxes are slowly disappearing. Credits go to him too. I seriously have no idea where to even start storing belongings from these boxes.

Why do we have so much things?

Where do they come from?

Someone should help us lose a box: Out of sight, out of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment