Monday, December 10, 2012

Not Superstitious

"The first day you move in, you have to buy rice and oil. Throw the rice for good luck."

Long time ago, we didn't have a choice. It's not my call to obey or defy. No one defies instructions from up there.

And then weeks after our wedding, I found four $1 coins, one at each corner of our wedding bed.

She sneakily put it there despite me insisting that I won't want to do that.

And I won't know, till I changed bedsheets for the first time.

I am staying out of her way now that we're staying together, hopefully not forever. I thought she had not been that domineering for the past weeks as well.

But I am prepared that once she's comfortable where she now is, her instinct to be 'helpful' will surface.

And so it is. The same old rubbish about throwing rice.

Mr Liow said we are not superstitious and she said she isn't too.

*roll eyes*

That's not superstition. What's that?

She said it's better to believe.

I'm no longer that young, dumb and coward DIL 8 years ago.

Her "you guys don't pray enough, god won't bless you." And a church's preschool teacher who hadn't pursued 4 years of no increment in pay because the teacher is serving the Lord, she thinks she is stupid.

I am unsure if we are praying to the same God. My God has no "Terms and Conditions" in His love for us. He doesn't need "tools" to bless our home. Neither does He bless us only when we pray.

I made it clear that if she wants to buy these for THAT PURPOSE, I'll throw them away.

Please, don't suggest anymore. She's helping only when she's free anyway. I don't know how to appreciate those "help".

No comments:

Post a Comment