Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Argh...

"ER is coughing, won't popcorn make him more sick?"

It will, but I'm only giving negligible amount that won't kill him. Because crying will make him cough too, or worse still, throw up!

"You are giving him so much biscuits and not giving him enough water."

Says who? ER drinks so much water I have to remember to stop him in case he throws up coz of the coughing.

"You forgot to bring their water!"

I didn't. It's ON THE TABLE RIGHT BEFORE YOUR EYES ! You forgot but I won't. Look before you start accusing me!

"You are not feeding him? I'll feed him after I'm done."

ER's appetite is bad, so I gave him milk right before we went. It's not that I'm not feeding him. I'm just not going to force him because he had milk!

"Adrielle, 你不可以不叫人的! (You must address your elders!"

Always negatively commenting before AN warms up enough to start addressing "gugu". She did, for goodness sake!

"Don't touch that! It's expensive!"

Everything is expensive there. My kids are young and very naughty. They can't stop exploring. Things at Fernvale were cheapo stuff so it's ok that the girls vandalise our table when they were younger.

Argh! Just 2 hours at SIL's house is enough to drive me crazy. She's behaving like I'm a lousy mother and she's great help.

What's she trying to show SIL or guests there last evening? That she's more involved in my kids life than I am?

She forever trying to embarrass everyone before guests. Now me included.

SIL asked if we will go visit her when she came over for reunion dinner on Saturday. MIL heard.

Mr Liow asked his mum if she would want to go visit too but she agitatedly replied "She invited you, not me. I have my pride. I'm not going!"

Must pick up a fight wherever she goes and conveniently puts her son in a spot when all he wants is to help them reconcile.

Mother and daughter already started talking during the dinner. Does she need an invitation card?

She should go back and lord over SIL's family because SIL is working and BIL is overseas every alternate month for the whole month. The girls can do with an adult presence because there is none else.

Here, her behaviour interferes with my bringing up of my kids. Her negative comments about people, her values. Her being around affects me and besides staying sane when kids don't behave, I have to tolerate her comments, her nonsensical comments that conflict with my original way of discipline.

How? HOW?

She's not old and frail and homeless. She's just difficult, domineering and matriarchy!

I am not heartless. If there is a day sure needs to be cared for, I will not reject her.

But she's invading territories just because she's so difficult to live with everywhere.

To avoid her, his sister can stay till it's late in her office. BIL is literally overseas half the time. Mr Liow can also choose to spend more time at work to avoid conflicts.

Me? My home and my kids are my job. Where else can I go? I wish I can hide from her and still get things done. Sadly, I can't.

Why must I give my territory up to her?

Why must you come mess up my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment