Monday, February 18, 2013

"I Didn't Teach You" She Said

http://www.littleflowertwointow.blogspot.sg/2013/02/please-don.html

Some time ago, I was nursing ER to sleep and for the first time ever, she gave AN help with her assessment books.

I mentioned too that I heard her attempting to teach English and preferred that she sticks to teaching AN Chinese because her English is really......sigh...she really should know better.

After 2 weeks of 'break', AN is itching to start working on the exercises again.

We started with Chinese.

And there was 1 mistake. I asked AN if she did it herself because if she did, 1 mistake is very good results because she's only at lesson 4 of Han Yu Pin Yin (HYPY) in this book (and not in school yet).

Children are frank. She replied: "Nai nai taught me. How will I know how to do? You not around that day."

Hmm.....

Ok, HYPY is the english form of chinese. Maybe she should just stay out of coaching her, totally.

Appreciate the effort, but no thanks.

AN argued with me that nai nai can't be wrong because she's a 'chinese person' and I'm 'english person'.

HYPY is the english version of chinese. I overlooked that. And my daughter actually doubted me?

She's really intrusive, whether she means it or not. Her presence already is.

AN then went to tell nai nai that she taught her wrongly.

Guess what? Nai nai denied ever teaching her anything.

HUH?!

She said she totally has no recollection about teaching AN and insisted that she wasn't the one who taught her.

She laughed at AN saying grandma's memory is not THAT bad to not remember teaching her anything if she did.

Ok.

If I hadn't blogged about it earlier, I'd be wondering if AN was hallucinating, or if I was.

She forgot she did.

Warning: Negative Thoughts Ahead!










I never forgot what she did though, throughout my entire relationship with her son.

And I will never. She's my Nineveh. She'll be here for good, and because of her, my goodness are all gone.

Because of her, I see no reason to be kind, patient and forgiving. The only reasons I smile now is because I still love my children. And I smile at flashes of my life with Baileys and Maen.

My heart is now cold and filled with hatred that can only increase with every negative encounter with her. And we meet daily, forever. That's nice.

How do I stop it?

No comments:

Post a Comment