Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cousins united

I had enough rest during grandpa's wake but after the whole event is over, I felt extremely tired last night.

I wondered why.

AN analysed: "Mummy, I think it's because you cried. I feel tired after crying too."

Makes sense.

It's easier for me to continue missing him without much pain. Imagining him free from suffering and comfortable now does help. Or I'll just pretend he's still at uncle's place.

But the pain continues after this for the rest of our family who spent time caring for him, cousins who used to live with him, uncles and aunties who share memories with and of him.

This loss brought us (Generation 3) together. For once, we have every one's contact number. And despite being back at individual homes, we had a good time sharing our grandparents' history, old pictures and trying to make out who's who late into the night.

I'm afraid of losing the relationship but it's inevitable. Each has their own expanding families to spend time with. Our kids may probably not remember each other as they grow older.

I will tell my kids of stories I hear about my grandparents and the rest of our family. And my kids are blessed to have met their great grand father.

Grandpa is blessed too, to have his 5th generation send him on his last journey.

May grandpa hear our Lord's voice on his way and be led to be near Jesus.

Ah gong is at peace now.

No comments:

Post a Comment