Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Skin Cancer

My mum gets AN's cheongsams from Chinatown every year because there are more to choose from.

Every year, the person staying with us will politely comment that she only buys from "Major Superstores". She says she didn't trust shops in Chinatown because they get goods from China.

I proved to her that AN's dress from METRO 2 years ago had the same label as the one she wore at 2 years old, and my mum got it from Chinatown.

Without fail, every year, she will subtly criticized where my mum buys AN's cheongsams from.

Today, she smugly asked: "Did you see today's papers? Students from China get skin cancer from the dyes they used in their uniforms." And then walked away.

I don't discriminate from where gifts come from. I am thankful my mum buys AN things. Unlike her who hardly does and when she does, without fail it comes with her boasting "this one not cheap ah. I bought at xxx mall!"

And if you look at tags, they are all made in China.

Maybe SUPER MALLS provide her with certificates of proof that the sources they get supplies from do not contain cancer causing dyes, and they do not supply to Chinatown shops.

Or maybe she just thinks she's higher class than my mum, as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment