Monday, February 4, 2013

Water water....

I keep boiling water. No big deal. No water, just boil more. But at times like these, my blood boil with the water in the pot...

A common scenerio which happened again last night inspired this post:

I kept boiling water. Kept boiling. But water in the pot constantly remained soooo low. For milk, each time I need 400mls. Sometimes, after making milk, there isn't any water left. Despite me boiling water, transferring to main water container and making more, and repeating.

I always try to fill the relatively big main water container till it's at least half full. That's at least 2L of water. So the whole family has water to drink.

But someone. That someone drink from a bottle like my kids do. She fills up HER bottle to the brim several times a day, and cares not about how little is left.

I boiled water countless times yesterday since we got home (actually EVERYDAY! But I'm quoting yesterday as example).

Till evening, I had only enough water for 2 kiddy cups of water. If I were to fill 20% of each of their bottle, the whole family will have no water to drink.

But I had already boiled water. LOTS! BECAUSE SHE IS AT HOME AND SHE DRINKS A LOT. ok, I don't know if she drinks them but she has to fill her bottle to the brim. And she makes coffee when she sees there is hot water in the kettle.

I think she's selfish because our water container is only this big and it doesn't self-refill. She should have the courtesy to at least boil more water after she empties the main water container, right???

Before we slept, there was only water covering the bottom of the big water container. I boiled some previously but it wasn't really cooled yet. But I need water to make milk for AN this morning. And fill her bottle for school.

I poured the water from the kettle into the main container and boiled more.

Mr Liow asked if the water would be too hot for the container. It wasn't. It was warm already.

Even if it was hot, I had no choice! My daughter needs the water and grandma is drinking them up and not replenishing!

I boiled more and left the freshly boiled water in the kettle to cool overnight.

I should have at least 2.4L by morning.

But no. When I was about to make milk, the water in the freshly boiled pot was half empty. Someone woke up to fill HER OWN bottle before we did.

She actually took the fresher water from the kettle. Water from both containers were freshly boiled but I was appalled that she didn't only NOT help replenish water when it was apparently running low, she had the conscience to drink the seemingly fresher of the lot!

Super pissed!

I'm not going to make so much water anymore. I filled ER's bottle to the brim and have some left for her. At this point, I usually boil more. Not going to do it today. Maybe not anymore.

I'm going to make just enough for my kids, fill their bottles to the brim, fill up another bottle for Mr Liow and myself (and miscellaneous like making milk) and leave the main container to her.

She's taking over everything. Give her the container too. Not mine anymore.

This so reminds me of the HK trip last year.

We bought more than enough bottled water. She said she has to drink boiled water. We didn't stop her.

Because we didn't stop her, she went to boil ALL the water and filled HOT water back into the plastic bottles.

I discovered that only when I was filling up the kids' bottles. ALL THE WATER WERE SO DAMN HOT AND UNDRINKABLE! And she put hot water back into the plastic bottles!!?

We went back to buy more.

How selfish, is she not?

She's a grandma for goodness sake. But she has little consideration for the little people.

If case you wonder why I'm blogging about these instead of informing her, you need to know that I do inform her. I do remind her to boil water (in this case of water shortage at hm). And I'm getting sick of responses like "我当然知道。我会的." (I know, of course, and I will).

Mr Liow reminded her too.

This is going to make him feel sorry that his mum is getting old and forgetful.

But is she REALLY forgetful or old?

She remembers appointments (got calender). And anything $ related.

I'm really tired of scrutinizing details.

Is it hard to see that after she fills up her bottle, there won't be enough left for kids? The container we use is TRANSPARENT! If necessary, she has a calender to note this down, doesn't she?

But no, not important. As long as there is enough water for HER OWN bottle, nothing else matters.

To be fair, she does boil water. She boils water when she makes coffee.

I'm so lucky when she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment