Monday, April 16, 2012

AN is 5! Part 1


Had 3 birthday celebrations for AN over the weekend.

First one was in school with her classmates. I have to thank my mum again for making it possible because she volunteered to watch over both kids so that I could go shop for goody bags and her cake. Got everything ready in time (last week was another rushed week!). Invited mum to join us for the party but mum is shy. I had a feeling she really wanted to join us at the very last minute when I went to get those goody bags from their place but I was in a rush and didn't stop to ask her a second time if she was sure she didn't want to go. :( felt terribly guilty after that.

AN helped with packing all the goody bags. She took her time to select from the goodies I got for one particular pack. I asked her why she's choosing because all the kids would be getting the same stuff (except that girls get the sticker box and boys get an aeroplane besides some other cute stuff).

She replied that she was choosing good ones for Favian. He's a good friend, she said. Lol! I helped to make a small marking on the bag so that it doesn't get passed to "non-Favian".

School celebration was interesting! The kids sat in a circle and did the montessori birthday ritual (didn't know there was such a thing because we didn't celebrate with her classmates last year). Will post a video when time allows.

The kids sang "the earth around the sun, the earth around the sun, the earth around the sun, and now Adrielle is (1, till she's 5 years old)" as AN walked around a formation. Each round she made, she would be a year older and Ms Ivy would read out what was significant in AN's life at that point (her first steps, relocation etc). The kids would then be asked to see if they remembered. Interesting coz they get to know her better! Xavier was really attentive! He could remember every detail.

After the ritual, it was the usual birthday song, cake cutting and the day resumed. AN wanted to go home with us after that (she was allowed to) but we left her in school. She was disappointed and I felt bad but we had to go shop for the 2 baby bashes on Saturday.

Mum, again, helped with both kids. Besides getting the presents, Mr Liow and I even caught the movie "Battleship"!

My mama, best!

Location : 403 Fernvale Ln,

No comments:

Post a Comment