Friday, October 12, 2012

3 More Days: "Mummy, Sit Down!"


Terrible Two is scary, worse so when the toddler is unwell.

I haven't updated that ER had been hitting people a lot this week. He smacks whoever upsets him (in his own context)

BAD!

AN gets it most, but I'm not spared either. Lots of correction from now on before it becomes a habit. Training in progress, so please bear with us when we meet ok?

And this little tiger can get demanding too. He woke up at 3am and was very grouchy. He cried, struggled and insisted "Mummy sit up!" to nurse him when I tried to lay him down.

Each time he dozed off, I tried putting him down. But, sigh......each time his head touched the pillow, he would wake up frustrated and start demanding "Mummy sit up!"

I gave up, and carried him upright for about 2 hours before attempting to put him down. This time, he was in deep sleep and didn't wake up..

I would gladly carry him upright if he couldn't breathe but he was breathing alright. It was a random demand, first of its kind.  Please let it be due to him feeling unwell instead of a new, developing temperament.

This reminds me of those times I carried AN upright on nights when she had stuffy nose back when she was younger. She had never once demanded that I sit up. In fact, sleeping time was relatively fuss free (she sleeps through the night now so I have zero problems with her night routine).

On bad nights, she would cry, whine and fuss, but she would go to sleep when I carried her.

Having fine through 1 case of  this frightening age and living in another now (hoping it will pass soon!), I am again, convinced that girls are so much milder!

At this age, AN hit us too. But I'd pretend to cry and she would stop. She would hug and pacify me and listen when I reminded her that it was wrong to hit people. The hitting went on for a while before it stopped, and she would repeat my instructions: "No beat. It's bad."

I do the same with ER, but instead of being concerned about me like AN used to, he would walk away, unaffected. -____-" He would get upset when I try explaining to him "No beat! It's bad!", and raise his hand at me again.

Argh!

He would only panic when I smack the hand and  ignore him after repeating "No beat! It's bad!". He then pretends to cry and come sit in my lap, and hug me.

I said no beat, so I shouldn't beat him too. I'm exploring what works, but unless he gets too wild, I won't smack his hand.

Hmm...I think I still wish ER was a girl. Girls are miler and sweeter lah.

Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment