Monday, October 29, 2012

Taking Risks


Last year when her sister informed her that her son will be getting married this year, MIL bluntly told her: "I don't know if I'll be around. I may be away on a holiday."

Selfish reply. When one informs you a year in advance, you make that day free. Not as if it's official matters... Who's the one who keeps shoving her "family is important. One MUST not lose their relationship with distant relative" value into our face? So damn double standard.

And because nobody dated her for a holiday during this period, she has no excuse to be absent.

Now, she blames SIL: "You are always working. You should keep in touch with the family in Malaysia...blah..blah".

Oh, work is less important than holiday. What lousy standards she has...

She kept poking at SIL till SIL got defensive and started explaining that she has a business deal and all. She got upset at the 'excuses' and snapped back: "If you are not going, then forget it. I'm ok with it. Stop giving excuses already. Let's stop talking about it."

1 minute later, she starts chewing on SIL's unavailability again.

She suggested bringing the nieces in by herself. For obvious reasons, SIL refused.

She then confidently announced: "I'm such a detailed and careful person. You can trust me with your girls."

Detailed? Careful? People who read my updates about her already know she's EXTREMELY careless! And I don't update every lousy encounter.

That reminds me:

I was holding AN and MIL wanted to hold ER. Mr Liow had his hands full with grocery bags.

We came to the escalator and I was on alert mode because ER was with the careless grandma. I made sure AN was safely within a step, turned to ER and saw MIL let go of him right where the steps were moving, to clutch her handbag and hold onto there rail, herself!

My then 18 month old innocently tried to step onto the moving escalator by himself.

I quickly grabbed him and led him down a couple of steps to where AN was standing!

If I trusted her, ER would have fallen off the escalator!

She saw me guiding ER down and suddenly realized she forgot him. She was apologetic. I just smiled but was very very upset. ER COULD HAVE FALLEN DOWN THE ESCALATOR!!

SIL was short of telling her right in the face she's is NOT a careful person and she doesn't want to lose any of her daughters in Malaysia!

Respect mum. SIL did well, but not according the unappreciative mum. Because SIL didn't obey her commands to attend the wedding that she wouldn't attend too if her friends dated her for an overseas trip...

The trip to Jurong Bird Park last Friday was a display of my forbearance. She held a huge umbrella over her head the whole time, poking whoever was in her way.

Mr Liow and SIL, even the elder niece reminded her to be careful because she got poked in the head each time they walked near each other. Just casual reminders. But she got upset, shouting back at SIL "I'm not a little kid. Stop telling me what to do!"

Loud enough to attract the attention of the surrounding crowd.

Regardless of how selfish she is, she's my elder, a family forced onto me by the legal system here. It's my husband's duty to tolerate her. I will comply and have keep my mouth shut to every bit of her nonsense since 15 years ago.

I hope she leaves me alone.

Do not antagonise me, or mess with my kids. I too, will not let her take them into Malaysia by herself.

She needs to stop thinking that highly of herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment