Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Countdown: 6 days


Sunday

MIL came over to help with the kids while I arranged to keep mum company and help find her a cheongsam.

Andy was around and he kept us company the whole day. In fact he fetched us to and from Thomson Plaza for AN's lesson. He also volunteered to take AN to school every morning till Mr Liow comes home.

Coincidentally, my dad was home on Sunday afternoon and he agreed to go with us shopping. Andy wants to get him a shirt too.

I can't remember the last time we went out as a family. It must be at least 20 years ago!

Mum got a gorgeous cheongsam which is in the process of being amended to her measurement now. Wasn't something she thought she would like. Dad didn't think much of it too. Was glad I insisted she try (it was a layer of cotton lace over the satin material inside).

When she did, the other dresses paled in comparison.

Dad got himself a shirt too. Shirts all look the same to me but he does look good in this one.

Am grateful for MIL's help. Won't have achieved this much with the kids (mainly the 2year old) around.

Monday

I got my hair coloured (after 9 months), finally. And a cheongsam too.

Wanted to get a short gown but realised that I probably won't ever wear it again. I can still wear a cheongsam for Chinese New Year, or to dinners (whichever type of dinner that requires me to dress up).

It's bright green. Like my evening gown 8 years ago was. Green is my colour. I love green eye shadows too. It's not my favourite colour but they somehow make me look nicer.

We're left with Mr Liow's outfit and the kids'.

And then my parents have one thing less to worry about after this. No more major celebrations to hold, till their grandchildren get married in at least 20 years.

Today

ER is having runny nose now.

The moment I sniffed the burnt odour in the air upon stepping out of the mall yesterday, I had a feeling ER's airway will start to protest.

And ER started sniffing last night.

He's not coughing yet. So it's not terrible news yet. I gave him his daily Flixotide as I normally do, and ventolin. Just in case he starts panting again. The inflammation happens faster than a rocket! I hope to prevent that from happening by obeying Dr Lee's instructions. Hehe.

Praying that little tiger's body is strong enough by now, to overcome this little provocation with extra help other than the 'tools' we already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment