Wednesday, October 10, 2012

5 More Days: When all the stars line up


...........

All urgent matters happen at the same time.

I had to settle some legal issues (will share later) and had to check for details.

Little tiger refused to let me go during their nap. When he finally did, AN woke up. She's no trouble maker, so I managed to still dig into my files. But I couldn't find what I thought I remembered was in there.

I switch on the iMac (which I hate because it senses urgency and hangs on me when they are reputed to never hang. To iMac: I really hate you, and I think you hate me too.)

Then, little tiger woke up.

He starts meddling with my keyboard, wants my mouse, screams when I told him no.

My little helper AN helped distract him with books but he didn't stay distracted long enough. He walked about, turning my wifi off, opening up playdough bottles and poured them millions of tiny pieces out. AN found something that caught his attention again, and he left his messy mission for a while.

Then I couldn't log into my email, my passwords were all wrong, I had to wait for wifi to come back and got one call after another (which I selectively answered. No time.)

While struggling with the iMac, AN announced: "Mummy, his mucus dripped onto the cards!"

Argh!

But my girl saved me by wiping his constantly dripping nose.

Then, "Mummy! He pooped!"

Argh! What next?

I had no time to change him and prayed hard his diapers do not leak.

And that little boy is a terrorist who takes his sister's kindness for granted, so I constantly hear her complaining that he hit her, snatched stuff and such. But my sweet girl let his meanness pass and continued to entertain him shortly after each fight.

I finally got things going and realized dinner wasn't in the pot! I had to rush out dinner, but thank God, AN's dinner request was fairly simple: Mac and Cheese.

And while cooking the animal-shaped pasta, I realized I had clothes in the washing machine I hadn't hung up to dry. Before I can hang them up, I had to take existing clothes off the drying poles.

Water boiling, sauce would be ready soon, kids fighting and making up, ER removing things from my drawers and flooding kitchen floor with them.

Then a call came in to say she doesn't receive my email.

-_____-"

I asked her to wait a little. Maybe the server was a little slow. My smartphone is left with 1 bar of battery but allowed me to check the email which I cc-ed to myself from Mr Liow's email. I received it, so she should too.

Finally, the kids are eating. And food tastes yummy, except that I forgot to make my own.

Sigh.......

Nevermind.

I hope rush hour is over for now. I hope the lined up stars have gone their separate ways...

No comments:

Post a Comment