Tuesday, May 7, 2013

"Because I'm home"

She made lunch for ER despite me telling her that I will do it.

Go ahead.

But she cooked and then went back to "her" room. She didn't inform me to watch the fire (but because I'm not as nonchalant as she is, I saw when I went into the kitchen, more times than the one who was cooking!)

The liquid in the pot dried up and I heard sizzling. I shut the fire off and went to inform her what she was making for ER was dried up.

She rushed out to check and said she totally forgot about it.

But it's never her fault. She had to add: "I'm usually very careful. It's because YOU are home today."

My fault for being home?? You, not remembering to turn off the fire, my fault?

I swallowed that offending remark and added a little boiled water to the porridge. Always porridge. Only porridge.

She then commented that she hasn't added salt.

I was surprised because she advocates healthy food and boasts to her friends that she never added salt to food she prepares for kids.

She even commented once that the pasta soup I made was too salty. It was made with scallop. Tasty, not salty in my opinion. I never used salt in their food.

Hypocrite!

I showed my surprise: "Huh? You add salt in his food?"

You'll be amazed at her answer: "No! I never add salt!"

Shuts me up everytime she lies through her teeth.

Then she continued: "At most a little (touching her pinky to emphasis how little). If not, it tastes so plain, he won't eat."

So she does add salt.

I told her I usually make soup stock from chicken, pork, scallop, anchovies etc to make soup tasty. Salt is not necessary. 

I don't mind salt but I hate dishonesty. Can you trust someone dishonest? She claims impressive ways with your kids but then you have to find out otherwise.

No, she's not ER's caretaker. She just forces her way around. And till I pass my exam, I'm allowing her.

Beggars cannot be choosers.

I'm glad though she has grand plans to save the world outside on most days so I don't have her "help".

In case you wonder, I added cream cheese to the porridge. She asked if ER gets diarrhea eating "mixed-up" food like this.

He never did. At least there's protein and calcium together with sodium in his food instead of PURELY SODIUM.

And she so confidently boasts to friends how she handles kids, even mine now (that apparently are just sweet nothings, to impress)

No comments:

Post a Comment