Monday, May 20, 2013

My Angels

My mum is always my greatest care giver when I'm in my worst of health.  (that's not to say Mr Liow isn't but he's not one who can differentiate between heaty ailments and cooling ones).

Even when she doesn't stay with us, she makes her way here to deliver chestnut drinks she started preparing since 4am every morning since Friday.   

And she offers to cancel whatever appointment she has to take care of the kids for us so that even Mr Liow could get some break.

Mr Liow had been picking them up from her when he wasn't working over the weekends and keeping the kids occupied.  The kids short-circuit his temper many times. Thanks dear for giving me that much rest time.  And for bearing with the Kids' nonsenseS.

I was lying down most of the time because my bottom hurt.  I cringed everytime I had to wipe myself after peeing. I couldn't sit. It was horrible.... Felt almost exactly like I had been stitched up after childbirth.

ER at this point, shouldn't still be nursing. It wasn't easy but he had learnt to ask for me to hug him tightly while he slept instead of "mem mem". He'll probably be weaned after this.

His little brains figured that since it was those bumps on my body that stopped me from nursing him, if those bumps vanished, he should be allowed to nurse again. So, he asked me to cover the bumps on my neck with my hair and face with my bangs. Then he victoriously declared: "Mummy, no more bumps!"

When that failed, he got me to check his body for bumpS by insisting he felt one. l did find one but it didn't look like a pox. When l admitted that was a bump , he frowned and pleaded: "Ethan has lots of bumps. Ethan needs "Mem mem". 

Didn't work, so he gave me a hard time before deciding that a hug to sleep was the best mum can afford to give now.

AN is another angel.

She had been updating me on my hideous appearance daily.

l look obviously frightening but she assured me that l wasn't. That she loves me even with those bumps.

And every morning, she'Il tell me l look better than the day before.

Well, my MIL, giving the reason: "反正我在家他也不要我", either goes out as usual or doesn't give a damn even when she's home.

My mum cancelled her appointment on Saturday just so we could rest. MIL was in such a convenient position to help but she had no such intentions.

Only when she heard me tell Mr Liow that my mum would help on Saturday did she suggest bringing AN and ER out herself to meet the nieces after AN's lesson yesterday.

Today is the same.

My mum will be coming to take ER to her home. MIL left home early before lunch. ER is none of her concern.

Tommorrow will be the same. My mum will help so that MIL can go out without feeling guilty.

What kind of a MIL is that? What kind of a grandma do my kids have?

l won't die without rest but the kids should keep a distance as much as possible.

After so many months and ER is still rejecting her. That just shows how much effort she makes in bonding with him.

* ROLLS EYES *

No comments:

Post a Comment