Saturday, May 25, 2013

To Laugh Or Cry?

The 2 of them are capable of confusing me so much I can be terribly upset for minutes before they tickle me soon after. .

AN woke up unwell this morning, threw up at least 5 times and is now running a mild fever. I hope it's not stomach flu. Her stools are firm and she has only gone once today.  No indication of diarrhea.  Hopefully this is just indigestion.

Am finally putting ER in underwear.  And he's making us busy. He's not totally ready (being able to hold his bladder is a good sign and he's not able to hold yet).

Despite acknowledging that, I decided to let him put on underwear today so that he understands the consequences of not letting go randomly. Just to let him get a feel of the discomfort being wet.

He's been peeing in the potty for a while now but it's mostly on my cue instead of his.

Which is why today is a busy day. Because we were busy clearing accidents (ER) and puke (AN).

Finally, it's nap time. But ER refuses to sleep. AN had been napping the whole morning and wasn't exactly sleepy.  But girls being girls, she obliged when I requested they both go into the room with me. Sweet, right ?

ER, on the other hand, had a thousand and one activities that keep him up and going around the room

He then asked for milk.  Sigh. ......

I gave him milk and AN followed us out.
And then I returned to the room to cool off because I was fuming. He looked sleepy but wasn't willing to nap. It was almost 4pm, not a good nap time either.....

10 mins later, there was complete silence from the living room. I went out and saw both had dozed off.  ER dozed off before he finished his milk and the cup was lying beside him.

AN woke up when I took this picture and posed for me.

After this, she dozed off again.

How to be angry with them for long? Kids are kids.  They have no bad intentions but sometimes it's so hard to stay cool with their non-compliance. Especially when routine is disrupted and you can forsee what may happen next is not to any one of our advantage.

Funny kids there.

No comments:

Post a Comment