Saturday, June 11, 2011

Back from our short getaway

Mr Liow booked a room at Festive Hotel for his birthday but postponed it to this week coz he had important things at work to settle.

Off we went to Sentosa after AN's school on Wed.

We had no programs planned for Wednesday, so Mr Liow took AN for a swim while I lazed in the room watching TV while nursing ER. It was really good having nothing to do...I'm missing it so much just by recalling past days' events...

Mr Liow planned for us to spend the day at Universal Studio Singapore (USS) on Thursday but it was extremely cloudy. We decided to go another day (we had till Nov to utilize those tickets) in case it rained and spent this day wandering around Sentosa. Had fun too at the Skyride & Luge. AN enjoyed herself soooooo much and that made us very happy parents. I couldn't wait to return to the hotel to laze further but took the sky & luge ride with AN. How do I refuse an extremely excited preschooler? She couldn't wait to show me what that ride was about. Mr Liow and I took 2 rides each and she had 4 coz we took her with us on every ride. She proudly requested: "Mummy, you should say thank you to me because I brought you up with this skyride", because I wasn't sure where to go and she was coz Mr Liow took her previously. I thanked her and requested that she thank me too, coz I 'drove' her down in the luge. She said there was no need for her to thank me because "I had to bring you up...you don't even know your way up..."

Oh well...

After the going-up-and-coming-down, we went to the Underwater World, packed dinner to have back at the hotel and ended the day. AN slept in the babycot we requested for ER -_____-"

We initially decided to have AN go to school today (Fri) but when I had to wake her this morning, I couldn't bear to. She was sad the night before when I told her that would be our last night. She loved the hotel stay as much as I did (mainly coz she enjoyed climbing up and down the bunk bed and sleeping in the babycot). And Mr Liow had to wake early.

Since this was a holiday, I asked if Mr Liow agree to allow her to skip another day of school which he gladly agreed. Our little girl got an extra day of fun :)

Seeing that weather wasn't too hot, we spent the whole day at USS after checking out.

It was super, extremely, terribly, horribly HUMID! I wished we had another night's stay (AN too, couldn't stop asking if we'd get to return to the hotel after this). But the hotel was full and we couldn't extend the stay :(

The drive home was sad....coz that was the end of our relaxing getaway. AN is old enough to feel post holiday blues at this age too. She started sobbing and asking when we'd come back to the hotel and USS again and repeatedly spoke of how much she liked the hotel.

We will be back. With 2 kids in tow, going further may not be ideal. I really don't mind doing this again! :)

P.s: Mr Liow got an sms from Serene informing that B has been adopted. We pray his new family will love him lots and that they will be blessed by his steadfast loyalty. They have a 9 yrs old spitz. B will have company. But the thought that B and M has been separated makes me go weak. I wonder how each of them are taking it :( M will no longer be B's companion and vice versa....I haven't just lost them both, I've cost them to lose each other....we sort of thought we'd get to meet the new owners before they leave with them but then again, we told Serene we trust her to find them suitable families to go to.

She suggested we give B time to settle down in his new home before visiting him...

B...M...

I can't start recalling how they always plays (played) with each other without tearing..they may probably never meet each other again... And ER will never get to grow up knowing he ever had fursiblings.....

The pain is back...Baileys, Maen.....mummy misses you, together and individually....
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment