Monday, June 27, 2011

Monthly Gathering

We went to meet the girls at SY's home today, after meeting them last in March at Ting's. It was AN's b'day in April, and me being unwell in May.

As usual, we had tonnes of things to talk about, even more so now with kids (education for the preschoolers and milestones for the babies). I'm glad I blog, coz they get updated along the way. Come gathering, I don't always remember what I have been waiting to update them about.

The girls were in the room happily playing (they should be, else someone, anyone will come running outside to complain, and none of them did.), and the little tigers bonded in the living room. It was chaotic but I enjoyed it lots. I can still remember when we used to meet as young girls, we dressed up nice, met outside and gossiped all we wanted. Now, it's really all about the kids...

And as the kids grow, it's hard to not get worried about their education. Mummylim is in search of good phonics enrichment classes for S and that made me wonder if I should too, get AN spme help. What I'm doing with her now will take her forever to learn. hehe.

Mr Liow reminded me though, that AN can only enjoy childhood as a preschooler for the next 2 years or so. She will learn to read and write, if not this year, next year. If not, the year after. Someday, she will. These will probably be the only stress-less days in her life (not stress-free, but days of less stress). Once these 2 years pass, she will start attending Primary School, and have less time to enjoy being a child.

Not that I'm taking this as an excuse to stop teaching her, but I guess Mr Liow managed to put me back on course, back to our agreement that she will learn things that are fun to her. Leave school work to school. What will happen in the future, we will handle that in future.

It was nice watching the children now. They play all they want. Compare that with schooling Hannah and Mercia, Ryona and Ryanne, they are really blessed to still be young.

And ER started crawling all of a sudden! He had only been doing leopard crawls at home but when placed on Genevieve's floormat, he started crawling on 4s. I was worried he'd knock his head on the floor should his arms give way but they didn't, and he happily crawled on the mat.

I should let him crawl on the floor more. It's probably harder to crawl on the bed...?

He's still cruising, sometimes letting go and stands on his own on a few seconds before losing balance. When will he start walking?

No comments:

Post a Comment