Thursday, June 16, 2011

In All Fairness

I seem to fall sick all at the wrong time.

Mr Liow is meeting his guy friends and this date had been fixed for a while. But while I was hoping he'll stay home to help, I also understand that it'll be too unreasonable to ask him to stay home to help. AN wanted to follow him but was flatly rejected. For a minute, I thought I could just entertain only 1 kid if AN went with him. But no, so AN stayed home with ER and I.

I struggled within myself. It's unreasonable to make him stand the guys up, it's better AN stays home with me coz she's not well. But what about me? I need rest. Not only do I not get help with even 1 kid, I get left behind to handle them and try to not let the sore throat, cough, runny nose hinder my duties.

It must be the flu that's making me feel selfish again. He did ask if I want him to stay home and I said no.

Best thing to do now is to sleep. I hope AN will sleep soon. She had been asking for milk since an hour ago, then sweet corn, then honey water, her bedtime toys, and now medicine. It's frustrating to have to keep getting up to meet her requests. But she's so sweet. When I asked if she was really hungry (coz if she wasn't, I'd prefer to rest), she said yes. When I told her I felt very unwell, she replied: "then nevermind,mummy. You rest ok?"

Those words made me get up for her. At 4 years old, my daughter is willing to go hungry so I can rest. I can't shortchange her.

I hate to fall sick. Back when I was working in the office, I didn't mind falling sick. Now, I can't afford to. I feel handicapped...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

1 comment:

  1. it is still a li,. depending on how one sees it. If the recipient doesn't benefit from the lie, it's not white at all (even if the liar lies, thinking it's for the good of the other person). That's my personal opinion though.

    Let the other party decide...tell the truth.

    ReplyDelete