Monday, June 27, 2011

Only Yogurt

ER is another difficult baby to feed. Have seen an 8 month old baby whose mum was feeding him one day outside at the food court and it's such a pleasure to watch him eat. His mum said he loves fruits and most others.

Sigh...

So far, the only food that he has willingly opened his mouth for was green peas and Bellamy white rice cereals. And he doesn't always appear keen to have them.

I have recently found something he seems to enjoy and his liking for it remains consistent. That which attracts his taste buds....would...be...YOGURT! He liked Yobaby and AN loves that too, so both share a packet. And because we ran out of Yobaby, we have Yokids (till we top up on Yobaby again, soon). He loves Yokids even more! He'll be at the edge of his seat, excitedly looking at the packet of yogurt in my hands awaiting the next scoop of it.

I haven't compared the label but Yokids tastes sweeter...higher level of sugar I suppose. Nit sure by how much.

Am going to get more Yobaby soon.

My kids have exotic tastes.. I've had people telling me most kids don't eat vegetables but AN does. Not only does she love vegetables, she loves the stem, sometimes even more than the leaves. She loves olives, mushrooms, spicy stuff and other weird food most kids probably wouldn't eat if given a choice.

Well, at least she eats and her choice is healthy. If ER will be like her, I'm going to have to tolerate the next one year or so of pickyness before his eating habit picks up. By then, like AN, he should have more choices of food and will be able to eat what we eat. by then, he should have a good appetite.

I'm hopeful (the yogurt gave me hope that I have not found in any other food soon after he started eating). Just pray thAt he'll notnbe undernourished till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment