Monday, March 12, 2012

Coughing ER

He's been coughing for 3 days now.

From the very first sign of his bronchitis till now, it's almost a month. And we are still battling. There had been recovery, and then relapses. He's more often unwell than well.

At times, I'm resigned to what comes along. But when it happens too often, I feel terribly unjustified that my kids have been suffering to be strong. WHEN WILL THEY BE STRONGER?

Non stop. Just has to keep happening, right?

And during times like these, please spare us empty rubbish noises like: "you should be thankful you have your mother and mother in law to help you. When I was a young mum, I had no mother in law to help and my mum was far away."

Empty vessels make the most noises. Apparently, they really do.

I am thankful for my mum during the 2 weeks of my fever and recovery. Extremely thankful!

But, did she mention "Mother in law's help"? I should be thankful? Serious? Thankful for which type of help? Was there even any? I had seen enough of her tantrums, even during the most difficult 2 weeks when she was more busy pretending to be nice and helpful outside than being around at home. At home, she had only sarcastic comments to make about herself being noble without help with kids and I had the whole world to help me.

Don't come if you don't feel like coming! What's with the sarcasm? I rested because those medicines made,me drowsy! Seriously, go away! No, really! GO AWAY!

She should be thankful she had no mother in law. She can get along with NO ONE, not her daughter, not us, not even friends whom she hates when they do not agree with her. What makes her think she will appreciate the mother in law she never had?


Selfishness is deep. It grows with roots deeply embedded in one's character and it's not hard to recognize a selfish person when you are staring at one in the face.

Before you start preaching to me about "being thankful for my mother in law's help", please also indicate what sort of help you mean. I was so sick I must have missed it!

Trash comments that do nothing to help during these periods when my kid (thank God only ONE of them) is unwell as of now only serves to make family hate you more.

Have I hated anyone more? Why must you be so special? Why do you have such a special place in my heart? I've never dared put anyone there and you just keep finding your way there......

Go away. I hate you, virus, cough, phlegm, mucus, and you who only knows how to use words to make life hell for people whom you claim to love.

When will you stop all your nonsense and start using your heart like human do?

No comments:

Post a Comment