Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dating

Mr Liow took a day off work to spend time with me yesterday. He asked me what I want for my birthday but I have nothing that I want or need. I said I feel happy whenever I have him by my side and he granted my wish. Heh!

We left ER with my mum before our program. He didn't cry after me when I left and when I asked for a goodbye kiss, he gave me one through the gate. It was easy. I REALLY can set my heart at ease to start work! Judy, stop procrastinating again.

Mum said he was a total angel. She brought him out for a walk at the mall and he was very obedient. He held her pants when she had to dig into her bag for something, held her hands when they walked, sat still in the LRT. He was extremely easy. Doesn't really sound like MY ER who wants to walk everywhere without looking back to see if we are following, wants to stand on his own in the LRT. He's not easy to bring out, in my opinion. I guess the theory that kids behave worse when their mum is around holds true, at least for me...Even Mr Liow thinks ER was well behaved last Sunday during AN's lesson when he sat still in the stroller throughout the whole hour of my absence. ER will NEVER sit in the stroller with me in sight! WHY huh? Sigh..

Anyway,

We went to St.Hilda's to submit application for alumni first. I hope the application goes through. The only proof I have that I was from with SHPS is my PSLE cert. But there's no mention that I had been with them since Ceylon Rd days before the shift to Tampines. I don't have my report books anymore. To qualify for Alumni, I need to proof I was a St.Hildian from day 1.

:(

 I like how security is so tight in schools these days. With all the news about kidnapping, I feel better knowing it won't be that simple for anyone to step into the school to bring my kids away. We then went to Vivocity for John Carter (the movie)! Just the two of us! We had popcorn, sugar coated peanut, hotdog bun and drinks. We held hands and shopped aimlessly (pure luxury!). We didn't have to rush, we didn't have to carry a big bag of necessities or push the stroller. I carried a wristlet and didn't have to spend 10 mins looking for my phone and wallet among the deep ocean of things the kids need. For once, I didn't have to be concerned about the kids' behaviour. I felt lighter, as if I had a very heavy bag lifted off me. I stayed frustration-less for that free hours.

But as a mum, I guess we appreciate moments like these as bonuses, on top of being blessed with the joy the kids bring (let's not go into the tantrums at this point. hehe). At the end of the day, this instinct tells us we miss the kids and despite enjoying every single bit of the freedom, we look forward to having the kids back by our side.

 Dear, thanks for taking this day off specially for me. Thanks for including my family in your plans. Thanks for always being around and for always changing to be the better dad and hubby that you aim to be. Thanks for being understanding towards my frustrations and listening to my complaints. I can ask for no better man and I thank God that you are mine. If you are serious about giving me a birthday gift and for not getting one this year (and the many many years after), I want to ask for a big one. So you have to promise that I will not be left alone when we grow old, and you shall not leave before me. Deal. (This is not a question) ;p

 Love you dear!

 Some pictures to remember:
Mr Liow's Rare Attempt at Drawing Characters in Bold 


AN drew me this. With a stencil. hehe.
Another gift from my baby: hand 'painting'

My Cake. Mr Liow asked for 'that many' candles but the lady only gave us 2 large ones and 2 small ones. It's a compliment to me! muahaha!

Years ago, my baby girl sat behind the birthday cake thinking we were singing a birthday song to her. Now she helps with the candles and sings me the song!
This year, the little one also participate, by clapping and cheering!
Mr Liow on our way for the rare rare date! Been a while since I have spare hands to take a picture of my man. hehe.


I am blessed but many times, I forget. 

p.s.: The white border around the pictures are rather...ugly unsightly...How do I not have that?? hmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment