Thursday, March 29, 2012

FUN FRIDAY

TGIF! Fridays are almost always happy and to make it even more fun for the kids, we decided to all sleep in the living room! Yeah! The kids get to leap off the couch right onto their bed (something they do not get to do during any other days. In fact, this is probably the first time they get to do that at home)

 

 And then they get to stare at the TV till 11pm.

 The sleep in the living room would have been fun but something wasn't right:

ER, as with every other nights, had to walked around before he slept. Instead of being confined in the room, he had the whole big living room to roam and he happily did. I had to catch him back so many times I was totally shagged out but he wasn't. I had to keep bringing him back to the bed to lay him down and that made him rather unhappy. Not quite our intention. Supposed to be Fun Friday.

He had a good time imitating his sister, rolling and jumping off the couch and on the mattress. Lots of giggles and he did look happy (before I had to terminate the fun at 11.30pm, way way way past bed time. For the sake of Fun Friday). I think he was over simulated. Plus, because we didn't have curtains put up, it was bright. Not ideal in inducing sleep.

AN, on the other hand, was able to lie down. BUT she took a long time to fall asleep as well!

She talked and talked and giggled happily. I know, very happy. But if she doesn't sleep, the little one will not. He LOVES to play with her and will attempt to wake her up even if she's already asleep. AN being awake meant ER will be too.

She finally fell asleep (before ER did). But the whole night, she kept kicking me! OMG. I couldn't sleep the whole night! The moment I drifted off, she would kick me. And she kept on kicking! I pushed her closer to Mr Liow (haha! Sorry dear!). Mr Liow had fallen alseep LONG before the kids did. He was tired. hehe. So I thought he probably wouldn't feel AN kicking him. For some reasons, AN continued to kick me. *sob* And each time she kicked me, I would turn to her and try to wake her up. Then I realised she didn't seem to be sleeping well. Her dreamy eyes were open occassionally when I turned to check on her. Couldn't tell if she was awake or asleep, but her eyes were opened, just dreamy.

Conclusion: Fun Friday can be fun in other ways. Sleeping out will be fun in the future when ER is older and no longer walks around before sleeping. Either that, or NO TV BEFORE BEDTIME!! OH MY GOODNESS...THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAD A TASTE OF OVERSIMULATION TO THE MAX!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment