Saturday, April 20, 2013

Bad Taste of Unique

Remember this?

http://www.littleflowertwointow.blogspot.sg/2013/02/she-has-something-on-today.html

And the events before and after the above post during my grand father's wake.

She behaved apparently distant then, like it had totally nothing to do with her, which was true. Because she has selective sense of empathy.

Today, she reminded Mr Liow that he is expected to go with her to pay respect to his paternal grandpa tomorrow.

Timing clashes with AN's music lesson, and Mr Liow pointed it out.

In her usual "I'm-your-mother-I make-the-call" tone of voice, she replied: "Her lessons happen every week. Paying respect to your grandfather happens once a year."

Firstly, AN's music assessment is approaching (1st week of June). We are 5 lessons to it. And she's not graded on just being able to play.

She has 3 exam pieces to perform, 1 lyrics singing, she will be graded on hearing, on recognizing chord patterns, on sight reading.

And she has new songs to master that stretches across weeks in a row before teacher thinks they are good enough to move on.

Every week, teacher adds more to each song (besides being able to play without audible mistakes, they must be able to play the dynamics and expressions: loud, soft, staccato, legato, slow, fast...etc.)

She thinks it's 1-2-3. So simple, why attend classes? I can teach her myself if it's so simple.

To her, probably because she needs a lift to Bedok early in the morning (and not having to pay surcharge on cab fare), paying respect becomes utmost importance! We're not missing much on "just one lesson".

Call me childish, disrespectful or whatever, I'm resistant to going BECAUSE SHE AS AN ELDER, FAILED TO SHOW RESPECT TO MY GRANDFATHER WHEN WE LOST HIM.

Paying respect is a yearly affair but the period of my grand father's wake was the last time we'll ever get to spend with him. Not yearly but LAST!

To her, his wake was as daily as buying newspaper for her ( http://www.littleflowertwointow.blogspot.sg/2013/02/sunday-special-encounter.html ), and her cup of coffee every morning (http://www.littleflowertwointow.blogspot.sg/2013/02/blog-post.html)

She thinks nothing of my grandfather. Why must I then show respect when she expects it?

I'm not a cold hearted person. Mr Liow knows I will skip the lesson under other circumstances but because it's her expectation of us, I'm not going.

Simple.

Because she really is NOT queen!

Because I can't make myself do anything just to satisfy her.

She just an uninvited guest who's turning me into a bitter monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment