Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Leaving in Other's Hands

I need to revise.

The RES exam dates are set on 18 and 19 May. And I'm less than halfway through my notes.

The other half that I'm done with, I am not totally confident. The best I can do for now, is to remember figures that are most recent and pray hard they don't try to trick us with older data (but they are known to do that. "Just so that most of you will fail. They aim to fail half the number of exam candidates.", warned our trainer.)

&©>¥™«[£€$@:-P ¡*¿

So I'm on my way to the library now.

I should have left the home at 10am but my darling woke up before I left.

He's my tether. I am emotionally bounded to him. The moment he knocked on the restroom door earlier, I knew leaving at 10am would be impossible.

True enough, I spent the next hour playing with him, watching him pretend to fly an aircraft, playing drum on his butt (his request) to the beat of "When the Saints Go Marching In", and participated in his other random activities. He leads me.

I told him I'd be going out to study but he insisted I'm picking AN up. Just as well. He wasn't resistant and said "ok. Bye mummy!" with a cheery smile.

Before I left, I switched on his TV program.

MIL who offered to care for him, was again, on the phone.

I couldn't bear to leave him staring at the TV for hours without interaction (I will be out for more than a couple of hours today), so I brought out papers, writing and colouring tools.

He excitedly started doodling. i got him random household stuff (round container covers, rectangle lock and lock covers etc) and he started tracing.

As I attempted to leave the house a second time, MIL while still chatting, instructed him: "Ethan, watch TV."

So.convenient.

ER innocently told her: "Nai nai, I drawing circle."

She wasn't listening.

I spent the next 20mins doodling with ER, till she finished gossiping.

When she saw ER not watching his cartoon, she commented: "You are not watching. I switch to my program."

sigh.....argh!

At least for the time being, she won't be distracted. So, I said my final goodbye and left.

I'm very, super duper, extremely sure that I'm leaving ER in Childcare, full day if I have to, when I start working.

Some attention better than none right? At least there's intelligent interaction in school instead of TV, sleep and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment