Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Still, it's all about money

She bought AN a gift for birthday and insisted AN open it up. AN chose to keep it till her party day to open but the grandma encouraged her a second time, to open it. AN was sure she wanted to wait. It's her birthday, her choice!

Grandma then targeted me: "I bought her a dress and IT'S VERY EXPENSIVE. Must make sure she opens it."

What's new right? Everything has a price tag in her eyes.

Today, she showed me a tiny pack of walnuts in the fridge she bought from Turkey.

It's been lying in the fridge for a week.

She declared that she doesn't eat walnuts and asked me to finish them.

I am not interested.

She then told me to bring to my parents. I told her my parents don't take walnuts. She appeared a little pissed and exclaimed: "This pack is US$10. VERY EXPENSIVE! Maybe they will eat if you bring to them? How about your brother?"

I couldn't stop myself from replying (these days I just keep quiet unless I need to reply her.): "Very expensive also no use. Nobody eats them."

So what if it's expensive?? You don't eat them. Likewise, my family doesn't. Money doesn't make people like something. If you behave high and mighty all the time, you can throw money around and only fools get drawn to you. Here in our house, the most expensive thing is SACRIFICE but I guess it's worthless to you because it's doesn't cost a single cent.

You will never understand value.

No comments:

Post a Comment