Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Update about baby

ER is coughing again.

But the Flixotide treatment seems to be working. The last panting episode was in September last year. Subsequent monthly cold/flu symptoms didn't make him breathless although he still suffered the common cough-and-throw up.

He's very into milk these days. And enjoys food now. He ate everything we ate when we were in Taiwan. Very interested in food. He's not a powerful chewer though, thus he eats rather slowly, and sometimes has to spit food out (mostly meat) because he can't swallow them.

But I'm happy enough. AN at his age ate practically NOTHING whenever we went traveling (even at home). We all wondered how she survived... But she was healthier than ER. Hmm....

He drinks milk from straw and cup now. I don't have to feed him anymore! Hurray to that! And to think MIL insisted it was faster to feed him. She's always affecting my efforts to get him to do things without help!

There I had been, finding the right tool to get him to drink on his own. And then she comes, offers to help but insists it's easier if she feeds him.

ER wants to feed himself now on most days. But she will only sit him in front of the TV, and feed him while typing away on the sms..

Without her for 2 weeks, ER has grown to be more independent.

Isn't it obvious that she's interfering with his growth?! I hate the day she returns from her Turkey vacation and that hateful day is tomorrow...

ER loves fresh milk. But sometimes he wants chocolate milk. AN loves chocolate milk more. So, we have both at home.

He places order with me when he wants milk: "I want white milk!"

And when he craves chocolate, it's: "mummy! I want black milk."

He teaches himself opposites.

He sees the green man at the traffic light blinking, he informs me by blinking his eyes and saying "green man blinking, like that".

He's still very smiley but not as cooperative as before. He's growing up and with that, he's more resistive to obeying.

I love how he smiles so much. It helps me get over my anger faster.

He's also more generous with his "sorry" and "thank-you" than AN used to be. In fact, he's very sociable and addresses every auntie, uncle, jie jie, gor gor, mei mei and babies we meet in the lifts and on the streets.

He even goes "Hello uncle!" at our security officers sitting inside Mr Liow's car and waves.

AN used to, till we came back to Singapore and hardly anyone would wave back.

She sees ER getting responses and tries to be friendly again. But she still believes that "girls cannot be too friendly. It's safer like that."

Which is also true. I'm glad she knows how to protect herself.

That day at Taiwan airport, ER wanted to play and since he had food, we didn't insist he sat at the table with us.

AN had a terrible time eating because she was so worried he's be taken away. She repeatedly reminded Mr Liow to look at ER. The moment Mr Liow lowered his head to eat, she would panic and tried to peep at the little boy.

She truly loves him. To me, she's a perfect sister, although she struggles with sharing her stuff with him.

I love my kids. But I'm struggling.

I don't want to give them up for the world..but the one who thinks world of herself refuses to leave us alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment