Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Interference

Everyday after school, the kids have their nap. They don't have to if they are not sleepy but lately ER is because he wakes up early for school now.

Both MUST have me in their sight. So the practice is, we all lie down together. Whoever is sleepy will sleep. Whoever isn't asleep in 15 mins will leave the room with me.

After washing them up this afternoon, I helped ER with toilet duties while AN went into the room that became her grandma's.

Once done, I announced for AN to get ready to lie down.

Then the grandma told her "这么大了 不要再睡午觉了。以后去学校也没地睡。"

AN already had intentions to not sleep. All I needed was peace for the sleepy one to nap. If AN is tired, she will naturally doze off.

In front of AN, she overwrote me. Again!
I didn't care that she wasn't talking to me and I replied "以后读下午班 不需要7点起身 哪里会象现在累。"

She then replied that AN doesn't have to nap. That she should sleep early at night.

What does she know? IF the kids are tired but didn't get to nap, they start dozing at about 5pm.

Did she know that? Did she mean that they should sleep without dinner? Is that early enough?

When they fuss and get cranky, who faces the music. Not her! It's me!

Moreover they get a choice. 15 mins and they are free to get up if they do not doze off.

AN is growing up like she said. Most days now, she doesn't nap. If she does, I'll wake her in an hour.

Today, AN left the room with me after ER dozed off. Didn't take more than 5 mins and he knocked out.

The damage was her giving contradicting instructions when we have routines to follow AND I BLOODY KNOW WHAT I AM DOING!

So great that grandma is encouraging impending disobedience isn't it? AN had no intention to put up a fight.  Was the grandma instigating her to fight me?

No comments:

Post a Comment