Monday, July 1, 2013

When daddy is not chauffer

"Mother, 那里有红录登。我带孩子时不在这里过。危险。"

She got offended and started raising her voice, "你又不早讲!"

Ridiculous.

She was holding AN when she dashed across the road with AN dragging her trolley bag behind the grandma. I was carrying ER so that we could cross the side road to the pedestrian crossing on the other side.  By the time I had him in my arms, she was already halfway across. How to "早讲"?!

She always emphasizes that she's very cautious whenever we ask her to watch out. This only shows that I trusted her more that I should again. Even when my trust in her is already minimum.

She repeated twice that I should have informed her earlier that I don't want her to jaywalk. She said that's where she had been crossing.

Is she trying to pick a fight? All I said was it's dangerous and I don't jaywalk with my kids. She can walk in the middle of the road by herself and I don't give a damn.

Why not then she tell me earlier that she jaywalks every time instead of telling me that she's always very cautious. So that I can expect a supposed "new age, educated  and cautious grandmother" will do something dangerous and illegal with my kids.

They ought to be taught road safety. Not recklessness! No cars so what? How accurate can a child be in determining distance or road condition? It's easier to teach them to tell green man means go for pedestrians! And to make sure no cars are coming at them before crossing because that is when cars know they ought to stop for pedestrians. Not in the middle of nowhere.

No wonder she was upset last year when she kept complaining that a car wouldn't stop for the niece even though that was a quiet road and niece was about to cross the road. In her opinion, cars should stop for people.

Her highness has moved her expectations to Sengkang.

For tomorrow, I'll bring them before she's ready so that I don't get her "help". To think she nagged that me bringing 2 kids to school on my own is dangerous (I bring them out, I fetch them from school. I see no real danger).

She's the real danger lor!

2 comments:

  1. IMO..never to jaywalk when with kids and even more so when kids are present cuz the next thing they do is learn from us adults. It's so damn dangerous...even while waiting for traffic light to turn in our favor and there's no traffic at all, I still made a point to wait with Enya, its so important lor. I feel sorry for u babe. Gd thng u saw it n stop it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best part was her blaming me for not informing her earlier.so convenient to push away blame.

    ReplyDelete