Tuesday, July 2, 2013

St. Hilda's or North Vista

She's been harping on the Primary One registration these few days. Just yesterday, she asked AN which school she will be going to.

AN asked me and I told her St. Hilda's Primary (SHPS).

The grandma then replied her "不包进的".

This morning she asked me again. I told her SHPS again. She then asked about our chances.

I told her that unless there's a quota and the quota is met for Phase 2A (Alumni), AN should get a place. All alumni applications had been successfully for the past 2 years.

Because she had been helping out at that school for years (in the Chinese storytelling voluntary group), she offered  to speak to "Catherine" if we do not get a place.

No thank you.

I'm there for SHPS because i can jump queue. If AN doesn't get in, I'll settle for North Vista. I'm not desperate to get AN into SHPS like she assumes. She's so proud she is part of a 'branded' school but that's just her.

She said a volunteer moved to Tampines for that very purpose of getting the highest possible chance of a place for her kid in the school.

Well, we didn't. We are still in Sengkang.

What makes her think that she's powerful enough to get AN in if we do not even get in at Phase 2A? Her voluntary work? She's only a grandma and not even a Guardian.

If she can, go help the volunteers who worked hard during the volunteering period but didn't get a place for their children. They are deserving because they worked for it.

Don't hide in the comfort of home while criticizing the parent-volunteers for coming and going as they please.  Most of those volunteers have full time jobs and annual leave (precious as they are) have been utilised for nothing in some cases.

I don't need her help.

Even if I ever had been excited at the thought of AN going to the same school as I did, I no longer am. Because HER HIGHNESS is part of that school on voluntary basis.

I don't appreciate having anything in common with her.

I just can't wait for the day I can breathe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment