Friday, July 12, 2013

Sick Baby

ER had been having runny nose for about a week now and then the fever hit him on Wednesday.

Took him to see the GP and Dr said his airway sounds a little tight. He suggested I continue with the Flixotide puff for 2 weeks (2 puffs twice daily) or till his cough subsides before 'weaning' him (2 puff once daily).

I'll probably not start him on Flixotide again (tough choice. I welcome suggestions!) He's been on it for at least 9 months and long term use affects growth. I see that happening because he was 10.6kg in September but his weight has dropped to be 10.1kg since then and remained at 10.1kg.

I don't know of any growing toddler whose weight went down and stayed low for so long. And he's been eating well!  Dr Lee said he'll pick up soon. I don't want Flixotide to affect his growth again

But then if we do not treat this, he may become asthmatic later in life.

Or should I asked Dr Lee when we see her?

For now I'm giving ventolin puff to ease his breathing :(

He's not panting though. To be fair, he is getting stronger. He hasn't been panting for a long time.

He will recover. And he will continue to grow physically.

His Jab is scheduled on 26 July. I sure hope he recovers by then. These Jabs had been postponed from September last year because he was always unwell whenever it was his vaccination appointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment