Monday, November 7, 2011

Morning Stroll



I'm trying to make use of any opportunity I can find to spend some 'alone' time with AN. ER had been taking away so much of me from her and it hasn't been healthy that most times now, when my attention is finally on her, it's sometimes negative (reproach for a bad behavior or something she shouldn't have done).

AN woke up early on Saturday morning as usual, and she woke me with her "mummy, it's morning!". I asked if she wanted to go for a walk and she was keen, so I took her for a long and slow stroll around our neighborhood. It was early, cool and windy without any signs of impending shower. Just perfecT!

It was so nice! We walked hand in hand, just the two of us. No rush, no struggles, no disagreements, no other distractions. I took her through the carpark, past the bus stop along Yio Chu Kang Rd, showed her which bus brings us where, told her where I used to work and how I got there, how that road is also commonly uSed by daddy when he brings us to Nex, past the next stop at a big, empty piece of land, past The Hiding Place, past the nursery, along the big field where there was a group of dog trainers at work. We chatted about crushed snails, dead insects, fAllen leaves, touched those on trees that we could reach etc.

And then we noticed this sign that indicated the plot of land beside us is up for sale. So, picture time for us (especially AN). There's going to be an executive condominium in future.

AN walked all the way. This girl doesn't really enjoy walking but did it for the 45mins stroll without asking to be carried.

We should do this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment