Thursday, December 15, 2011

Delphin Down


Grrrr......

I did my last vacuuming last week and thought there was some unusual plasticky smell coming out of the machine. Thinking nothing of it, I continued and nothing happened.

It was time for the weekly 'overhaul' again but this time,the machine powered on, got stuck after a couple of seconds and went silent. I tried switching it off, and then on again but it remained silent.

...................

Machines these days tend to have shorter lifespans than their ancestors..u really can NOT pin too much hope on them.

Our Irobot was one: the higher end robot kept dying. I returned it, bought one model lower and it lived on till before we packed it. Havent used it since so I don't know if it's still alive.

Then laptops: Mr Liow's lappie had quite a long life, till it wasn't good enough (specs started losing out). In 2008, he got me one I didn't hv to share with him. In 2009, my lappie became blind (display showed nothing) although it was still functioning..i loved my lappie. It was pretty and responsive. And I had every bit of info inside, including pictures. The one old Mr Liow had in contrast, was still working, slowly but steadily.

And TV. My old TV in my room at my parents place is still very healthy. She's now 10 years old and looks like she can still go a long way. But the TV we bought when we got married in 2004 died last year. -______-"

Cellphones too. My old ones from ancient days still power on, but the newer ones from recent years either crank up after a year, or self-euthanize before they turn 2 years old...

Sob...

Back to Delphin, Customer service got me an appointment, technical staff will come tomorrow to see my machine and bring it back if necessary. I hope Delphin need not stay away for too long... I had been sneezing a lot more lately...something tells me it's dusty... :(

Delphin, I need you. Please come back to life...

No comments:

Post a Comment